Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Gratitude Yeti: I'm Thankful for the West

Filling in the jubilations today at the end of the day, vs. the start, but it lets me walk away from the day feeling, and seeing the good today. I'm thankful for living out in the West right now. For being on the high desert next to the Wasatch and dreaming about more ski dreams and wandering round these canyons and deserts and mountains. Ryan Bingam's Poet, as dark as it is, has me in a pretty damn good mood.


I'm also super thankful that earlier this year I got to go back to Angola for a project I'm calling #makeadeventurenotwar. It is, I imagine a certain sort of cliche in that the big bearded white guy in plaid heads back off to Angola to climb instead of kick land mines out of the door--but if that's cliche, that's my life and I got to go back. I got to climb with Alex Honnold. It was hard but looking back at it, it was awesome. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have some crazy fun adventures in life.

Last night my buddy Devin, who lives up in Montana came down for some sort of car issue that needed to be addressed in SLC, so I got to hang out with him for dinner and breakfast. I didn't ski, because he doesn't ski and normally I would have skied because its the most fun thing on earth, but the older you get I guess the more you recognize that you need to have friends all the time, not just on a powder day. So thanks for visiting buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment