Monday, December 7, 2015

Gratitude Yeti: So Mark is crushing me on this jubilation thing, but really, am I competing with someone now to out yell about all that's amazing in the world?

Fantastic weekend here of really fabulous things from friends in town who I don't get to see often enough, to those same friends meeting Makenzie for the first time--and both Suz and Mak being preggers! So cute to watch them try and hug. We had amazing showers for our little lady set to join us in later January, saw the movie Creed, which is incredible, set up for a franchise of movies that will make Michael B. Jordan one of the icons of the next 10 or 20 years like Sly Stallone, who does perhaps his best acting, was for my generation. Do kids hang up movie posters anymore? Also, I think Michael B. Jordan may have dethroned Denzel Washington as the hottest man in America.

Also this Monday morning, a reminder from the field of Veterinarian Science that we really do have the tools and knowledge to make the world a better place--we just need to focus our resources there vs. the enrichment of a few.


I'm also super stoked to see snow falling in California and the PNW who have had the worst of the last couple of ski seasons. Now I'm hoping for way more snow in Utah. Come on storms!

On Sunday I got out with a friend to do an uphill lap at Brighton Ski Resort and also got to see another good friend and a group of fellows he skis with who skied a vertical mile--that's four laps up and down the tallest point at the resort. I hung with them for all of about 30 yards--but they inspire me to know I can do more and are all supportive of at least getting out. I love people who are stoked that you're out there and never judge on how awesome you are--just that you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment