Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday, November 20th, 2015

Chilly fall morning, cozy gratitude
  • TGIT - It's not high brow.  Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder are full on guilty pleasures.  But, they're delicious and satisfying in the same way that salty nachos or shopping at a big box store is.  Great in their mass-produced way.  God Bless Shonda Rhimes.  It was also cool in last night's episodes that a Republican character fillibustered to support Planned Parenthood, and a prime time lead actress had an abortion on Scandal.  And on HTGAWM, there's a sero-discordant same-sex couple mixed in with the rest of the hot cast.  Thursday night may just be the most subversive night of mainstream tv out there.
  • Pho 14's delivery has become my staple this fall.  It's warm, and healthy and fresh tasting.  Last night, I didn't feel well, and the giant steaming bowl of Pho was the perfect pairing with TGIT.  I'm grateful for my cozy little house, and these extra little creature comforts that are pretty great.
  • Time.  After five years in a job where every minute was accounted for - I'm so grateful to have the breathing room of this current job, that gives me all the extra minutes I want.  It's not perfect, but the gift of extra time is pretty super fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment