- The Yetti of Gratitude (or the Grateful Yetti?): As Stacy wrote yesterday, it's a new day on the Book of Jubilations, and I'm super excited about it. Stacy is my friend who is maybe most fiercely focused on changing the world each day -- getting veterans and others outside to get healthy and be the good. He's also seven feet tall, and occasionally lifts me off the ground when hugging me like a rag doll, which is a delight. He's got great taste in music, women, and many other things - and is maybe the perfect person to start expanding this little writing project with, which I'm super excited about. I'm pretty sure we're going to take the world by grateful storm.
- Dewey Like the Morn: After waking up several of the last few days with a sore throat, and feeling generally creaky each morning - last night, I pulled my humidifier out from the back of the closet and fired the old gurl up. One solid night of sleep later, I feel rested and fresh. This morning, there was no sore throat or other dryness related maladies that pop up this time of the year when furnaces roar back to life. My house is warm and moist like a brownie fresh from the oven (which I think means I deserve a brownie for breakfast. That's a thing, right?).
- Peace Wreaths & Synchronicity: Yesterday morning, I was grumpy and petulant (it was before I'd discovered the joy of the humidifier and dewey mornings). On the way to work, I was talking to my friend Sandy (who as I've already mentioned, I know from way back in Madison days, we chat most every morning about life, secrets of the universe, skin care and other important things). She mentioned that my birthday is coming up, and that I was hard to shop for (I am, due to: many strong and fickle opinions). But I'd actually just been thinking the last week, following the tragedy in Paris, that I had seen a few wreaths here and there the last time I was in Madison that were shaped like peace signs, made of dried grapevines. I'm not normally a wreath person, but there was something about the unexpected simplicity of them that I thought was lovely. I was describing it to her, and saying that I'd actually really like to hang one on my door this holiday season when the world seems so lacking in peace, when she said, "Yeah, this is a thing. I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, and I bought that exact wreath - it's sitting on the table right in front of me." It was a freakish and fantastic moment of synchronicity and connection and apparently I'm getting a new wreath for my birthday. I love all those things.
Finally, this song was used during a sex scene on one of the recent episodes of How to Get Away with Murder (I can never decide if that's the best or worst show on TV). It's called Indian Summer, which I think is interesting because to me it sounds like flowers blooming in the spring - it's wordless and textured and I've been listening to it obsessively this week, which is making my life better.
No comments:
Post a Comment