Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Starting today...we're going to be a lot happier

Thanks to the invitation to long time friend, fellow raconteur and all around revolutionary thinker, Mark for inviting me to be a part of this project. Maybe it ends up that Mark and I are the only two that get happier for focusing on at least three things we can be jubilant about each day--but hopefully we can expand the number of authors for this here life jubilee and maybe put a dent in the rampant cynicism of our country. Maybe you get some joy out of this and we create a better, more jubilant world.

Its not that there aren't horrible things in the world that deserve reflection, consideration, and the like. There are; but right here, in this blog spot its about the things we're jubilant about, excited about. Consider it an online version of the Danish concept of hygge.

Today is my first post and couldn't come at a better time, because all I really want to do is bitch about all the wrong I've felt and the world has seen in the last couple weeks, but instead...

1. I'm thankful for the Danish. They've got the concept of hygge, which we all need in our life. An opportunity to come together and to talk about nothing that would anger others, some time carved out on a routine basis to connect as humans without labels or fears or all those things we all fear from our crazy uncle or racist aunt at Thanksgiving. Thanks Danes! Also, I'm enjoying reading about the way Danes raise their kid which brings me to...

2. WE'RE HAVING A BABY! I mean that's pretty awesome. You should meet my wife, she's the most incredible person I've ever met and I'm so glad we're together and that she's having a baby, our baby. OMG!!

3. Brian Fallon. Have you heard his amazing voice as the lead man of the Gaslight Anthem or the Horrible Crowes? He's also going solo and for the last year or so he and his band mates have been helping me to power through a lot of bull shit. Rock and roll is alive and well and even before Ryan Adams recorded all those Taylor Swift songs (that will be something I'm certainly thankful for on another day), Fallon and the Horrible Crowes covered Katie Perry's Teenage Dreams--and its f*cking beautiful.



Mark said we were only supposed write three things, but you know what, here's #4. There's some incredible pop music out there right now and as a recovering music snob, I'm no longer afraid to admit it. So here's to you Taylor Swift, Katie Perry, and One Direction.



1 comment:

  1. Well, that's the hottest damned cover I've heard in a long time. Also, to clarify - it's not ONLY three gratitudes, but it's AT LEAST three gratitudes. There's no ceiling on gratitude, but there is a baseline requirement.

    ReplyDelete