Wednesday, November 18, 2015
I can't bloody believe it's almost December again.
- There's this guy Ben in DC - he's a friend of a friend, we're casual acquaintances and Facebook friends. He's got an interesting lens on the world, and frequently posts interesting things. Today, he posted a quote, "the opposite of drunk isn't sobriety, it's connection." I thought of that tonight when I got home from wine with Lisa and our former client David - between the three of us, we put away a coupla bottles of wine. Happy hour was fun, but that sugar crash of sobriety mixed with the empty house tonight got me stirred up a bit. That quote helped me keep my wits about me, and remember that in that moment, what I really wanted, was connection.
- Which brings me to my next point: I'm grateful for my bathtub and my warm bathrobe.
- This afternoon, I also snuck out of work early to see my Spitfire crew - specifically to have cupcakes and celebrate Dennis's birthday and final day of chemo. I'm grateful that those people are part of my tribe. It was good to see them and there smart, smiling faces.
- Dennis and Kevin are doing their best with a tough road. I'm grateful that DC has a medical marijuana law that seems to be bringing Dennis some specific relief as the pain of his treatments builds. And I'm grateful that he has time during this fall to rest and be cozy and heal. I really hope this chapter resolves itself for him quickly and happily.
No comments:
Post a Comment